Thursday

Ongoings

This is how Dakota spends most of his days......can we say enjoying the lazy laid back island life? 

Loving his daddy!! 



We checked out the Windjammer Pool the other day!! Think resort style pool.....yep it's amazing!! Complete with several water slides and a rock climbing wall!! Oh and weird outside bathrooms with no ceilings!!
A visit to the pool isn't complete without a little Caribbean sunburn....even with SPF 30!!
 The sunsets here are AHHHMAAAZING!! I usually run in the evenings and always get a beautiful masterpiece to look at!! 
 I have been enjoying making real dinners even if we eat them redneck style!! Styrofoam plates and plastic bowls are the new fancy china!!! 
I have been craving ice cream so bad!! It's my summer time addiction!! However, I have been doing so good avoiding temptation so we decided on skinny cow fudge sickels instead of Ben & Jerry's. We were warned that the ice cream here has a tendency to melt on the barge and then refreeze when put into the freezers at the commissary.  This is what I pulled out of the package......looks like poop on a stick but it still tastes good!!

We have been dog sitting for friends the past week. These two did not get along well the first few days at all!!! They tolerate each other now but they still like to tick each other off from time to time. 

I had my first visit to the hospital this week. Have no fear this is where all the primary care managers offices are located. The hospital is bigger than I imagined it being and my PCM is nice. With that being said I really miss Dr Schexnaydre. I had to wait an hour for test results that normally take just a few minutes. I had blood work drawn by a guy who wasn't quite sure what he was doing. He did get blood on the first try but he forgot to take off the tourniquet so my blood was pouring out. I have a nice bruise from it and won't know those results for 3 weeks!! I would normally have those results in just a few hours back home. At least it's nothing urgent and the good news is I won't die in the mean time :) 
I got bit by something, I think I would rather not know what bit me and just go ahead and assume it was JUST a mosquito!!! It doesn't really itch or hurt its just gross and looks like I have a nipple growing out the top of my boob!! 

Good Morning Cuba!!! You are so beautiful!!

So now that I have rambled on and on about what has been going on for the past few days I will leave you with a picture of Dakota and I. He was so happy to see me after I got back from running. I'm pretty sure he was worried I just may die out there!! Tom works tonight.....Boo!!!! But he does have a 3 day weekend!! Here's to hoping we can at least pick up our Woman Jeep (as my nephew would say) sometime this weekend and take her to the beach!!! Hopefully our household goods will be ready for delivery early next week!! 

















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!! Love reading about your adventures, I miss you soooo much. Hopefullyyour things will come soon so you can stop eating on paper! Lol. I hope you don't get bit by anything elese, That's scary! Talk to soon. BTW Evon says she misses you just as much as I do.... and you know that's a whole bunch!!

Niki's Mama said...

I love all the stories of your daily life and new adventures!! It will feel more like 'home" when you get your stuff! Thanks for sharing the stories and the pictures are amazing! There is no way that it compares to actually talking to you or seeing you however it helps! I'm so thankful for the Internet!!! We love you both soooo much and miss you terribly!!! XOXO

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...