Monday

Weekend Shenanigans




Our weekend started off to a rocky start, I was not a happy camper that our Jeep had arrived on the island Thursday morning and hadn't been unloaded from the containers that sat right next to the POV lot.  We must have stalked that dang lot at least 20 times!! Just unload it already!!!! I couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that our Jeep was there just sitting in a storage pod and they wouldn't get to work and unload it.  The workers here work in SLOOOOOW MOOOOOTION!!! It's very annoying!! We decided we needed some cheering up since we obviously weren't going to get it from enjoying our first Jeep ride in Cuba.  So we decided to head to the beach!! It was beautiful as always with huge waves.  We spent a few hours playing in the water and soaking up the sun.
 

The Movie Theater was closed for repairs so we decided to have an at home date night. We rented Tyler Perry's Temptation and Identity Thief.  Both were good!!


We grabbed some drinks to help us unwind. Tequila Rose = Yumm-o!!!! Tom of course had Bud Light but that's not as pretty to photograph!!
 

Saturday I met up with Alison to head over to Ferry Landing to welcome a few new families to the island!! When we arrived it was so nice to have people waiting to welcome us I knew I just had to make the new families feel just as welcomed! 

This is the ferry that goes from one side of base to the other. It's the only way to get over to this side of the island from the airport. 

Sea glass I found on the beach while waiting for the ferry to cross over!!

After welcoming the new families I went home and grabbed Tom so we could check the POV lot to see if the Jeep had been unloaded.  We were so excited to see that it had in fact been unloaded!! We called to see if we could get it out of the lot but were told that we needed to have temporary registration on it before they would unlock the gate for us to get it out.  The BRO (base registration office) is only open Mon-Fri so it had to stay locked behind the gate all weekend :(
 
Shortly after getting back home with out the jeep good news did grace us!! The movie theater had been fixed!!!  We hung out in the backyard playing with the dogs and talking about what all we wanted to do with the backyard.  The sky was amazing to say the least, the colors were so vibrant the pictures just don't do it justice!!
 
 





The Heat was playing at the downtown Lyceum at 10:30pm. We have been waiting for it to finally show down here so when we found out it was playing we knew we had to go! 
 
Sunday we went to the Nex/Commissary to get some groceries. I figured I would show you a picture of the place that drains our pocket book. COUPONS PEOPLE COUPONS!! PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP!!
 
We were invited to have dinner at Tom's Patrol Supervisors house.  They are the nicest people!! We hit it off right away.  They have the cutest little girl, she warmed right up to Tom.  Who am I kidding? ALL kids warm right up to him, he's such a natural.  They made us these amazing Mexican fiesta bowls.....OMG delicious!! I have never been able to find a wine I actually enjoy. I am 100% a fruity drink girl.  I tried some Barefoot Moscato wine and I loved it!! It went on the list to buy next time we get groceries!!
 
We ended our weekend watching Dexter.  I have loved every season of Dexter, this is the last season and I am so disappointed!! It has been so boring!! They better pick up the pace and end it with a bang!!! All in all we had a good weekend regardless if they held our jeep hostage. I love it when the hubby has weekends off!!
 
 


 
 
 








 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...